Original (Fan) Fiction
based on "Star Wars"
Obviously, this owes a great deal (understatement of the
century candidate) to George Lucas, and to Michael Stackpole's "X-Wings" and
Kevin J. Anderson's "Jedi Academy" series of novels.
No copyright infringement is intended.
This is the first pass. Eventually, I stopped writing on it... why? I wasn't sure.
Then a friend told me:
At some point, I'm not sure where, I started getting
annoyed and grumbling... but still reading. It wasn't
until I was starting the last story I read,
Conversions, that I figured out why, ... to tell the honest truth, I think you would do
much better to utterly blow off so-called canon and go
your own way. Part of what was bugging me is that you
were matching up so well to what other people wrote.
Assumption on my part, of course, since I haven't read
most of the novels. But on some level, it was coming
across that you were having to rearrange things to
suit canon, you know what I'm saying? I think what you
wrote was good, but if you ever decide to do an AU,
instead of a series of glorified missing scenes from
canon, I'd *really* like to read it.
You know what? Bingo. In the gold. On the money.
That's why I stopped. I was forcing my story into someone
else's plot and characterizations (actually ... lots of peoples')
and it was getting harder. So...
This is it. There ain't gonna be no more. I'm not taking it down,
some of this I really like, and I won't be able to use it. Nearly
everything after "Returned", in fact ... not in toto, but pretty
If you're interested, the new, AU version will be here:
Alternate SW Page
If you're not, enjoy what's here. It's good stuff, I think...
if I do say so myself.
Generic warning: there's a war on. People die. Angst, implied sex, hurt/comfort, drinking,
grown-up talk... anything more than PG13 is noted on the story link (hardly any).
- Beginnings: the death of
Wedge's parents and his adoption by the smuggler Booster Terrik, and the beginning
of the hunt for his parents' killers (89kb) (expanded 25 Mar)
- Not Enough: Wedge and Booster find the pirates [coming]
- Welcome to the Rebellion: Wedge's
acquisition of Treta's Answer, his own ship, and his introduction to the
Rebellion, as a mercenary cargo-carrier (73kb)
- Compatriots: Wedge
meets Crix Madine (14kb)
- Most Honoured: the Mrown join the Rebellion [coming]
- FIrst Impressions: Leia
meets Wedge (17kb)
- Endings: Booster is arrested (25kb)
- Murphy's Law: A mission with Leia just keeps on going wrong [coming]
- new: Lizards: A boy and
his X-Wing (34kb)
- Fate, Force, or Fortune: Wedge learns to fight [coming]
- Trajectories: Wedge's early days in Rogue
- Rom Joins Up: Rom
Hothagan's story - [mild R/slash] (22kb)
- And Not That Calm: Luke arrives (14kb)
- Mourning Bail: Leia grieves for Alderaan (11kb)
- After Yavin: the aftermath of the battle
of Yavin, how Luke joined the squadron, and Wedge's first love [PG13/het] (58kb)
- Welcome to the Rebellion, reprise: Wedge meets Tycho
Celchu (46kb) (note: Kail Naffi is
- Retreat from Hoth: the aftermath of that battle, especially how the missing-in-action status of Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca affected Wedge (46b)
- First Moves: Admiral Ackbar takes charge (31b)
- Patrol Posted: Tycho gets a glimpse into
- A Trip to Salaarna: a mission
Wedge and Leia undertook, and explores their relationship (78kb)
is it love or merely pheremones? (9kb)
- The Battle of Endor: that battle from Wedge's
perspective, as Red Leader in General Calrissian's mixed fighter group (63kb)
- new: Bridge "Truce at
Wedge finds his savior (8kb)
A reflective Tycho and Wedge moment (8kb)
- Holding Pattern:
Wedge's year on the fringes (56kb)
- Returned: Tycho
Celchu's return after imprisonment in Lusankya prison (46kb)
- new: Bridge "X Wings"
- Green Eyes:
Wes remembers finding out what Wedge's green eyes mean (14kb)
- Talasea: when Mirax met Corran... Wedge's POV (24kb)
Malina visits Tycho in jail (12kb)
A jailed Tycho talks with his lawyer (12kb)
- Conversions: Tycho's loss (the second time)
and Wedge's reactions, including one that changes his career (and life) forever (50kb)
- new: Bridge "Thrawn"
and "Jedi Academy"
- Discoveries: Wedge explores the
missing past of the woman he loves (116kb)
- new: Bridge "Darksaber"
- Arrival: Wedge and Qwi's relationship develops (78kb)
- Home: Wedge and Qwi's engagement and
marriage [R/het] (68kb)
Tycho is found again, and the Battle of Mefysyn begins 77kb)
- The More Things Change: the Mefysyn Campaign [Unwritten]
Wedge and Qwi plan a family, with a little help from the medical profession (33kb)
- The Wrong Mark:
An adoption goes a bit wrong (13kb)
- Bedtime Story:
Wedge reads his kids a bedtime story (14kb)
- Stardog's Journey: a Corellian children's
story (30kb and image-intensive)
- Stardog's Journey: no illustrations in
- new: Booster's Credo:
a smuggler's view of politics, power, and survival (4 kb poem)