Original (Fan) Fiction
However ... this is my alternate universe, except as noted... It ain't necessarily what you think you know.
based on "Star Wars"
Obviously, this owes a great deal (understatement of the century candidate) to George Lucas, and to Michael Stackpole's "X-Wings" series of novels.
No copyright infringement is intended. "Star Wars" is part of the culture.
Here are some chapters of a work in progress, "Made a Legend: The Life of
General Wedge Antilles".
Generic warning: there's a war on. People die. Angst, implied sex (het and slash),
hurt/comfort, drinking, grown-up talk... anything more than PG13 is noted on the story link (graphic sex or real violence).
- Beginnings: the death of Wedge's parents and his adoption by the smuggler Booster Terrik, and the beginning of the hunt for his parents' killers (89kb) (expanded 25 Mar)
- Not Enough: Wedge and Booster find the pirates [Coming]
- Welcome to the Rebellion: Wedge's acquisition of Treta's Answer, his own ship, and his introduction to the Rebellion, as a mercenary cargo-carrier (73kb)
- Compatriots: Wedge meets Crix Madine (14kb)
- Most Honoured: the Mrown join the Rebellion [Coming]
- First Impressions: Leia meets Wedge (17kb)
- Endings: Booster is arrested (25kb)
- Murphy's Law: A mission with Leia just keeps on going wrong [Coming]
- new: Lizards: A boy and his X-Wing (34kb)
- Fate, Force, or Fortune: Wedge learns to fight [Coming]
- Trajectories: Wedge's early days in Rogue Squadron (41kb)
- Rom Joins Up: Rom Hothagan's story - [mild R/slash] (22kb)
- And Not That Calm: Luke arrives (14kb)
- Mourning Bail: Leia grieves for Alderaan (11kb)
- After Yavin: the aftermath of the battle
of Yavin, how Luke joined the squadron, and Wedge's first love [PG13/het] (58kb)
- Welcome to the Rebellion, reprise: Wedge meets Tycho Celchu (46kb) (note: Kail Naffi is Sithkitten's creation)
- Retreat from Hoth: the aftermath of that battle, especially how the missing-in-action status of Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca affected Wedge (46b)
- First Moves: Admiral Ackbar takes charge (31b)
- Patrol Posted: Tycho gets a glimpse into
- A Trip to Salaarna: a mission Wedge and Leia undertook, and exploration of their relationship (78kb)
- Pheremones: is it love or merely pheremones? (9kb)
- The Battle of Endor: that battle from Wedge's
perspective, as Red Leader in General Calrissian's mixed fighter group (63kb)
- Bridge "Truce at Bakura"
- Sunrunner: Wedge finds his savior (8kb)
- Zero-Gee: A reflective Tycho and Wedge moment (8kb)
- Holding Pattern: Wedge's year on the fringes (56kb)
- Returned: Tycho Celchu's return after imprisonment in Lusankya prison [PG13 slash] (46kb)
- Bridge "X Wings"
- Green Eyes: Wes remembers finding out what Wedge's green eyes mean (14kb)
- new: Going Home: A clone reflects on his life before taking an important step [PG13 ref'd slash and death] (36kb)
- Stardog's Journey: a Corellian children's story (30kb and image-intensive)
- Stardog's Journey: no illustrations in this version
- Booster's Credo: a smuggler's view of politics, power, and survival (4 kb poem)